Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Bandana Headband

You will need:
  •  Bandanas (cut in half so that each half forms a triangle)
  •  Hot glue gun
  •  Beads, flowers, jewels, buttons, ribbon, or any other kind of decoration. 

Lay your bandana out in a triangle as shown.

Next begin gluing the top edge down. Fold a little thinner than the width you want your headband to be when finished.


It will look like this when you are finished gluing the first edge.

You will continue folding and gluing one layer at a time until your bandana looks like this.

I love the pink and brown together, so I am going to cut strips of this sequin ribbon to place on some of the "seams".

Be sure they are the right length before gluing.

Now glue each strip along the seam you want it to follow.


I am now going to glue a few rhinestones.

I have had these circle beads for a while, so I decided to put them around the rhinestones to add a different look.

Next I decided to layer a couple of flowers topped off with a rhinestone.

Lastly I added a few turquoise rock beads. These are some of my favorite colors, especially when put together. This project is very simple and does not require much time. You can make your headband as simple or as complex as you would like. It is all up to your taste.

My sister being a great model. We both love wearing these bandanas on days when our hair is not cooperating and the only thing we can get it to do is go into a bun! With the bandana it still looks like we fixed our hair :)













I hope you enjoyed this project!!

No comments:

Post a Comment