Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Tile Coasters

Tile Coasters

You will need:
  • Modge Podge
  • Foam Brush
  • Small Tiles (they are about 4"x4" squares)
  • Decorative Paper (cut into squares slightly smaller than your tile)
  • Any Kind of Rubber (I used epon rubber waterseal. It comes in a roll and was the cheapest I could find. You can always buy little rubber circles as well. It is up to you!) 




First, you will cover your tile in a layer of Modge Podge.

Next quickly lay your paper onto the tile (be sure your modge podge hasn't dried yet)
Now cover the tile and paper with another layer of modge podge.

Next I added a piece of paper that I had stamped this boot onto.
I just wanted a little extra decoration.

Now cover everything one more time with the modge podge and you could be done..
I on the other hand wanted to add a translucent looking paper over this to add a little extra demention.

As you can see I put that piece of paper over everything and covered it with one more thick coat of modge podge.

let your tiles dry compleatly!

Now take your rubber seal and cut it into little squares. You will need to cut four squares for each tile.

The seal I bought already had a sticky side, so I just pealed off the protective paper and place one squaare on each corner. This will keep your tile coasters from scratching any surface and you dont have to worry about them sliding around when you place your cup down.
This is the  final product. I made two different sets. The second set only had one piece of paper fallowed by a layer of modge podge. It was much faster to make!

If you are giving them as gifts, you can tie them together with a cute ribbon. What a perfect homemade present for anyone! I hope you enjoy and if you have any questions please feel free to leave comments below :)

No comments:

Post a Comment